Catch The Fever
Time To Prepare
- Bangkok Weather
- Koh Samui Weather
- Thailand Time
- Thai Language Basics
- Currency Converter
- Thai Health Basics
What To Pack
Just remember it is simply a degree of hotness. Hotter and humid during the day, and still hot a night. Bangkok is the world’s hottest city. It is located just 14 degrees north of the equator. Shorts and t-shirts during the day, stay cool and comfortable. You might be walking a lot, so wear something comfortable. At night, be prepared to clean up a bit more – think nicer clothes for restaurants and clubs.
In Koh Samui and Koh Phangan expect very casual – bathing suits, shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. The only exception is the Full Moon Party. Avoid flip flops to avoid broken glass and a quick set of stitches at the hospital. The weather will be hot similar to Bangkok, with the chance of being a bit cooler being on the ocean.
You will want to bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun and heat.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of itinerary
- Copy of insurance paperwork
- List of phone numbers of bank/credit card companies
- The above should be scanned and emailed to yourself and a contact back homeSmall backpack (for day trips)
- Camera, extra memory card and battery
- Mobile phone (quad band and ability to insert local SIM card)